Fairways is also an Approved City and Guilds Exam Centre. (Centre Number 067450) What this means is that we have the capacity to deliver not only in house training, but properly accredited training courses that are externally verified, transferable and recognised for future accreditation should any of our staff choose to apply to university, change careers or evidence academic attainment etc.
- Standard Training Now Open to ALL Fairways Residential Care Staff
- CWDC Induction Workbook: All care staff will commence the Children’s Workforce Development Council’s Induction Standards for care staff. This Level 2 qualification is delivered to all Fairways carers as standard and is expected to be completed within six months.
- After successful completion of the induction standards staff now receive the following courses as part of their standard career progression:
- Level 3 Diploma for Children and Young People’s Workforce As a City and Guilds exam centre we now offer this course to all our foster carers as part of our standard training package (City and Guilds Diploma 4427).
- Level 2 Counselling skills Course – All residential care staff willing and able to undertake this study will receive full academic accreditation through the CPCAB.
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills – Residential staff who successfully complete the Level 2 Counselling course will ALL have the opportunity to progress on to the Level 3.
- Restorative Approaches (Restorative Justice). Fairways is in the final stages of full accreditation with the Restorative Justice Council. This gives us the capacity to train and accredit ALL residential staff to “Practitioner Level” by 2013.
- TEAM TEACH – All Fairways Residential and care staff are trained to at least Intermediate Level – (Some will be trained to become advanced practitioners). Fairways currently employ 4 advanced TEAM TEACH instructors. It is our belief that training in de-escalation is highly valuable.
Of course these are only our “Accredited” courses that are now standard for all carers. In addition (as with all providers of fostering services) we have a full and extensive training calendar for non-accredited courses.